Choosing the Right Bird Gard
It is extremely important to have full sound coverage over the entire area needing protection. Any areas not fully protected will allow birds to begin feeding at the fringes of the sound coverage. They will soon become bolder and learn the sounds do not pose a real danger. This will cause the effectiveness to diminish. Complete Bird Gard coverage forces birds to leave the protected area.
Bird Gard has a variety of products to repel birds from one acre to thousands of acres. Choosing the right one depends on a number of factors:
- Birds typically feed from the perimeter of the crop and work their way in. Place Bird Gard units so that the sound protection covers all the way to the edge of the crop and beyond if possible. For larger fields, Super Pro Amp units can be spaced every 1,200 feet around the perimeter, effectively creating a fence of sound that the birds will not penetrate.
- Birds will often use nearby trees, power lines, tall grasses or wetlands for roosting and observation. If birds are in bordering areas it is necessary to position the units as close as possible to these areas. If birds are roosting in the trees at night the Time of Operation for the units in or near the trees should be set to 24 Hours until the birds are displaced.
- Each individual speaker will cover an oval-shaped area of flat land approximately 300 feet x 200 feet (91 meters x 61 meters) when the unit is set on High volume. Hilly terrain or other obstructions will reduce the area of coverage. The 20-speaker tower of the Super Pro Amp unit will cover a circular area with a diameter of approximately 1,200 feet (366 meters).
- Type of birds- Most nuisance birds communicate at the higher end of the audio spectrum (2,000-10,000 Hz). Larger birds like wild turkey, geese, herons and rooks only respond to the lower frequency sounds (500-5,000 Hz) of the Bird Gard Super Pro PA4.
Click on the Bird Gard product images for more information
- Residential Model
- Includes up to 8 different bird sounds
- Sound Card IS NOT REPLACEABLE
- Protects an area up to
250 ft. x 500 ft. or up to
3 acres (1.2 hectare)
- Includes 2 speakers
- Our most popular Unit
- Protects a circle up to a 600 ft. diameter or about 6 acres
- Optional with seperate speakers
- Transmit/Control unit range
1,000 feet (308 meters)
- Receiver/Speaker units protects a 600 ft. diameter circle or up to
6 acres (2.4 hectares)
- Unlimited number of Receiver/Speaker units can be used
- Each speaker protects up to 1.5 acres
- Drives 1-4 PA speaker
- Ideal for large birds and waterfowl including:
- Wild Turkey
- The most powerful bird control available
- Protects a circle up to 1,200 ft. diameter or about 30 acres
- Includes 20-Speaker Tower
- Solar panel included
As a free service, we can design a customized solution to your specific bird control problems. Click here to go to our solutions page.
If you have any questions about the use or operation of this product call us toll-free at 888-332-2328 Monday - Friday 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM Pacific Time.
You can also email your questions to: info@BirdGard.com.
Electronic Bird Repellent Technology
All Bird Gard products feature solid-state microchip technology to faithfully reproduce actual distress calls and predator sounds digitally for crystal clear fidelity that does not degrade over time. Each unit comes with 8 sounds matched to the birds causing your problems, including electronic harassment sounds you can mix with the bird sounds to provide increased effectiveness.
Units are fully programmable for delays between calls and day, night or 24-hour operation. The unique random modes create the illusion of several birds in distress throughout the protected area, and program settings are easily changed so birds don’t become accustomed to the sounds.
Recordings of more than 100 of the most common nuisance birds are available. Click here for help in identifying your specific problem birds.
Indoor or Outdoor Bird Proof Reliability
Bird Gard products are designed to operate indoors or out, and under the most extreme conditions of heat, humidity, cold and rain. Enclosures are weatherproof and durable. Each comes with necessary hardware for mounting on a pole or post.
Maintenance Free Bird Deterrent
All Bird Gard products operate on either 110/240-volt current or 12-volt battery (except Bird Gard Super Pro Amp which is 12-volt only). Optional solar panels reduce or eliminate the need to periodically recharge the 12-volt batteries. The solid-state electronics never wear out. Simply spray the switches, sockets and speaker jacks with white lithium grease or silicon at the beginning and end of the season.